Saturday, February 13, 2010

Zoonoses - Diseases Humans Get From Animals




Year Of The Swine (Flu)
Ring
Sterling silver, plastic
(front)


Yeah, I know. Weird right? Who would want to do jewelry about that?

Well that's my newest series and I'm sticking with it!

This piece was finished in December of last year and I haven't been able to get in the studio since then :( All my sketches and ideas are done...Some rings, cameos, necklaces all ready to be made but I haven't made the time. I think I've stalled. I just need a nudge, a gentle push, a kick in the arse to get me going once again.

I hope by posting it to the masses (that's you!) I may be inspired to get back to making.



Year Of The Swine (Flu)
Ring
Sterling silver, plastic
(back)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about one for the future flu, avian, my doctor was telling me it may be the next big scare for pandemic, you could do a whole bunch of different birds.

Stevie B. said...

Already got that one covered Anonymous :)

I never seem to lack for ideas, it's the lack of the power to move myself into the studio an actually make an idea reality.

Please don't stop offering up ideas though, it's nice to get out of my head!

Ginga Squid said...

That is so cool Stevie B - I love the fact that Piggy has a bum!

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Stevie B. said...

My Nieces like the "pig butt" too! My Sister, not so much.

Thomasin Durgin said...

This GREAT! So funny and it looks really well-made. Get in the studio! sketches, schmetches, no good until they have been realized, get going! (is that a good kick in the arse?)